The National Art Center, Tokyo (“NACT”) uses certain social media (the “Social Media”) as a communication tool. NACT has an SNS policy (the “Policy”) for using the Social Media. Please note the following details before you use the Social Media.
- Transmitted Information
- Reply and “Follow,” “Repost,” and “Share”
- Suspension or Deletion
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Matters to Be Attended to
- Court with Jurisdiction
The purpose is to get the activities of NACT understood by the public and enhance user convenience by providing timely information through social media.
2. Transmitted Information
Information on exhibitions, events, usage guide, etc. of NACT
3. Reply and “Follow,” “Repost,” and “Share”
In principle, we do not reply to opinions or questions or “follow” other accounts. However, we may “follow” accounts of or “Repost” or “share” information from relevant organizations and mass media as necessary.
4. Suspension or Deletion
NACT may, at its discretion, suspend or delete all or part of the accounts (e.g., posted articles) without notice to relevant users if it becomes difficult to provide information on the Social Media or otherwise conditions do not permit.
If a user of the Social Media breaches this Policy, NACT may delete the posts by the user or limit or block the access by the user, and the user may not object thereto.
5. Intellectual Property Rights
The intellectual property rights of all information (texts, images, etc.) on the Social Media belong to NACT or the relevant original authors.
The contents thereof may not be reproduced or copied without permission except in the case of “reproduction for private use” or “quotation” or other cases permitted by the Copyright Act.
All copyrights (including the rights provided for in Articles 27 and 28 of the Copyright Act) of the information posted by users through the Social Media belong to NACT, and none of the users may exercise any moral rights of authors. No user has the right to claim consideration for the attribution and waiver of those rights.
6. Matters to Be Attended to
If a user commits any of the following acts, etc., we may, without notice, take measures such as deleting the relevant posts and blocking the relevant account.
- Anything that is or could be contrary to public policy
- Anything that infringes an intellectual property right (copyright, trademark right, or other right), portrait right, or privacy
- An act of using or reproducing information provided by NACT beyond the scope of the purpose of personal use
- An act of defamation or an act of posting information without a ground
- Pre-election campaigning, election campaigning, or a similar act
- An act of soliciting to join a religious body or other body or organization
- Use of the Social Media of NACT for profit
- Anything that causes or NACT judges could cause inconvenience or detriment
- Anything that results or could result in an illegal act or criminal act
- Anything that is obviously mischievous or meaningless (such as an empty post, a string of meaningless characters, or consecutive posts with the same content)
- Advance notice of suicide or murder
- A content for the purpose of matchmaking or an obscene content (excluding expressions of affection or childish words)
- Anything that contains a harmful program, script, or the like
- An act of using the Social Media to send a virus or other harmful program or file that disturbs the normal functioning of software or hardware of one or more computers of NACT, another user, or any other third party
- Anything that NACT judges inappropriate which may obstruct the management and operation or for any other reason
If a user of the Social Media breaches this Policy or if a user of the Social Media causes material or immaterial damages to NACT, another user, or any other third party in relation to its use, the user shall compensate for the damages at its responsibility and expense, seek to settle it, and shall not cause burden or inconvenience to NACT.
NACT does not guarantee or approve the contents of the information provided by the users through the Social Media. Therefore, NACT will not be liable for any damages, etc. incurred by any users as a result of them believing the contents.
8. Court with Jurisdiction
The Tokyo District Court shall be the exclusive jurisdiction of the first instance over all disputes on the use of the Social Media and relating to the Policy unless otherwise stipulated.
NACT may amend the Policy without obtaining consent of the users of the Social Media. In such case, the amended Policy shall naturally take effect at the time that NACT posts it on the Social Media or otherwise publishes it, and the amended Policy shall apply to the users of the Social Media thereafter.
SNS accounts of The National Art Center, Tokyo
X (former: Twitter)：@NACT_PR
YouTube：The National Art Center, Tokyo